JENSEN, HENRY, merchant; son of Soren and Christine M., was born in Denmark January 11, 1847. He came to Utah in 1854 and located in Ephraim, where he was a home guard in the Black Hawk war. In 1875 he came to Mayfield. He served as Justice of the Peace for ten years, bishop’s counsellor ten years and superintendent of the Sunday-school for six years. In 1885 he was appointed postmaster. He began general merchandising in his home in November, 1896, and in May 1897, moved his goods to the building formerly owned by the Mayfield Co-op. By 1898 he had two general stores, carrying a stock of about $6,000, consisting of dry goods, groceries, clothing, patent medicines, drugs and notions. In the 1898 history of Sanpete he was considered “an energetic man, upright dealer and most prominent citizen.” He was married November 2, 1867, in the Endowment House, Salt Lake City, to Annie C, daughter of Christian and Annie J. Jensen. By 1898 they had had seventeen children, only two of whom were living; Joseph A. and Parley.